Last updated 6th November, 2013
The Society of Women Engineers is (SWE) is a non-profit educational service organization whose goal is to encourage women to achieve their full potential in careers as engineers and leaders. The Sonora Region, also known as Region B, includes Arizona, New Mexico, Southern California, Southern Nevada, and Utah.
The Society of Women Engineers Mission is to stimulate women to achieve full potential in careers as engineers and leaders, expand the image of the engineering profession as a positive force in improving the quality of life, and demonstrate the value of diversity.
For more information on SWE visit www.swe.org
2013 Sonora Region Awards
Each year the Sonora Region presents awards to distinguished members of the region for outstanding contributions, for 2013 the region proudly recognized the following members, company and sections:
- Sonora Region Emerging Leader – Professional : Natalie Vanderspiegel
- Sonora Region Emerging Leader – Collegiate: Laura Ashley Harris
- Sonora Region Outstanding Engineering Professional: Theresa Brown
- Sonora Region Sustaining Benefactor: Space Dynamics Laboratory
- Sonora Region Programming Award – Prof. Section: San Diego
- Sonora Region Programming Award – Collegiate Section: University of California Riverside
- Sonora Region History Award (Theme: Collegiate & Professional Joint Activities) – Central New Mexico
Site designed for Firefox.